The Concierge is responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating a welcoming and professional atmosphere; greeting and directing all visitors, vendors, clients and customers; and performing clerical activities.
Concierge Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Service 50% of Time
- Operate telephone system as required in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer telephone within 3 rings; determine nature of call and direct callers to the appropriate individual or department.
- Retrieve Community voicemail messages and distribute messages appropriately.
- Forward phone system appropriately at the end of evening shift. Take off of forward at the beginning of shift.
- Greet visitors in a warm, welcoming, and professional manner.
- Direct visitors to appropriate office or resident room. Offer beverages as appropriate.
- Give directions and information to visitors, guests, applicants, residents, etc.
- Receive requests from within the Community and locate associates through established methods; i.e., phoning extensions, cell phones.
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints/concerns.
- Perform other duties as needed or as assigned
Clerical Activities 40% of Time
- Maintain visitor sign-in book.
- Maintain a current file listing of department extensions, emergency phone numbers of on-call personnel, key personnel, etc.
- Maintain Community forms as directed, including administrative forms, admission packets, and information packets.
- Address envelopes and mail information packets to prospective residents, as assigned.
- Ensure outgoing mail is picked up by mail person.
- Receive incoming mail and packages. Distribute appropriately.
- Assist in maintaining the contact list of prospective residents and other individuals. Accurately and timely enter information into spreadsheet.
- Create and distribute employee name badges as requested by Department Directors.
- Assist in tracking down any missed timecard punches or other payroll related information as directed by Business Office Manager.
- Assist in entering new vendors and invoices into the accounting system as directed by Business Office Manager.
- Assist Department Directors or designees with clerical support as assigned.
- Provide clerical support to departments that may include but is not limited to typing, filing, copying, data entry, and any other related duties that may become necessary.
Cleaning Activities 10% of Time
- Ensure the lobby and administrative offices have a clean and neat appearance.
- Vacuum, dust, and clean windows/glass doors in the entry way to ensure front reception area is welcoming and in tour ready condition at all times.
- Ensure the concierge desk and table tops in front lobby appear neat and organized at all times.
- High school or equivalent
- 6 months customer service, reception, clerical or concierge experience.: