The Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall clinical leadership
- Overseeing the care provided to assisted living memory care residents,
- Conducting assessments and developing service plans
- Coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident’s total regimen of care
- Supervising care staff, including interviewing, performance evaluations, training, assigning work schedules, developing performance improvement plans
- Providing education and training programs for care staff
- Participating in the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and systems
- Assuring regulatory compliance
- Participating in Quality Assurance Program
- Adhering to the department’s budgetary obligations
- Communicating with physicians and family members
- Resolving complaints regarding resident care
- Active RN licensure in State of Indiana. Must be in good standing.
- Minimum 3 years clinical nursing experience, including experience working with dementia or Alzheimer’s residents. Experience in long-term care and management/leadership position preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience working with geriatric nursing and care services for a wide variety of residents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences, both internal (care staff, nurses, executives, etc.) and external (families, residents, physicians, vendors, pharmacy, etc.)
- Must be able to work occasional nights/weekends and holidays as required and to be on call via telephone for nursing related emergencies.